Converting FLAC to iTunes Lossless / ALAC files
I have been trying to find a way to convert flacc to Itunes lossless files and still have not found an easy way to do it.
I want to convert flacc to lossless and download them to my Iphone.
any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Many people use XLD to convert audio to ALAC on Mac platforms. XLD can be found here:
Before converting to ALAC, XLD needs to be configured.
1. When you open XLD, a "Preferences" panel should appear, with the “General” tab open.
2. Under “Output format”, choose “Apple Lossless”.
3. If you would like the new ALAC files to appear in a folder other than that of your original files, under “Output directory”, select “Specify” and click on the “set” button to choose your desired location.
4. At this point, you will likely want to save these settings as a preset for future use. You can do this by clicking on the “Profile” menu at the top of the screen and selecting “Save Current Settings As…” – for example, you might type “ALAC” when the Profile Manager window appears. To access these saved settings the next time you run XLD, go back to the “Profile” menu, and select “ALAC”.
5. To convert your FLAC files to ALAC once the above configuration has been completed and the “ALAC” profile has been selected, go to the “File” menu at the top of your screen, choose “Open Folder as a Disc…”, navigate to the FLAC album you wish to convert, and click “open”.
6. A window should appear with details on the FLAC album you are about to convert. Click on “Transcode” (with the CD icon above it) to begin the conversion process.
7. When the conversion is complete, the files will be located in the destination folder.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.