Download manager connection issues?
Before proceeding, ensure that you are using the most recent version of the download manager available for your operating system.
Please visit https://www.prostudiomasters.com/downloads to download the most recent version.
Issues with the download manager not connecting, or downloading very slowly, are typically a result of one of the following causes:
- Firewall rules have not been properly configured
- Security/antivirus software is blocking the ProStudioMasters download manager
Connection issues are typically resolved once your firewall or other security software is configured to allow the ProStudioMasters application to send and receive internet connections.
Occasionally, we have received reports that firewall rules or security application settings have been modified (without the consent of the user) to block the download manager from connecting after a system or software update, even if previous settings had not blocked the application.
We suggest checking all settings related to permissions, whitelists, or blocklists in any firewall, antivirus, anti-malware, privacy enhancement, or other security software which may be installed on your system.
Please use the free sampler located at https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/949 as a means of testing whether or not the following configuration changes have been effective.
To add a firewall exception on Windows 7, 8 and 10:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on System and Security
- Click on Windows Firewall
- In the sidebar on the left, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall
- Check both boxes next to the "ProStudioMasters" application to allow the download manager to access the Internet
- If the download manager isn't listed, click the “Allow another app…” button to add the ProStudioMasters application manually, using the application list or the Browse... button.
To add a firewall expection on macOS (adapted from https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201642):
- Open System Preferences
- Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon
- Select the Firewall tab
- Click the lock icon in the preference pane, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click the Firewall Options button
- Click the Add Application (+) button
- Select the ProStudioMasters application
- Click Add
- Click OK
- Firewall: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2128/
- Antivirus (if necessary): https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2121/
For other antivirus, firewall, or security software not listed above, please refer to the documentation that accompanies your security product. If you encounter further issues, please contact customer service directly.
If you are having difficulties with the current version of the download manager, you may find the previous version in the direct download links below.